Thursday, March 19, 2015

Is this the future?



I ran across an interesting product yesterday from Robotbase. I have to admit I haven't seen anything like this before. Frankly I'm not sure how I really feel about it. At first I was intrigued by the integrated desktop avatar. I saw it mainly as something preteens would enjoy. But after watching the video I'm just not sure I see people forming relationships with avatars. Kids I could easily see being into this, but adults? I could be wrong. What do you think? It is an interesting concept though. Video at the end.







2 comments:

  1. Is this real? Seems creepily like the movie "Her" to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the video, right? There is something about it that feels weird. It does physically exist. Though it's yet to be known it it's vaporware. They didn't demo the avatars while I was there.

    See - I think if they barbi branded it, and definitely made it not creepy, it could have a market. It seemed kinda Cinderella-ish to me.

    I also see how the kinknet might take that in a whole nother direction. Maybe weirder direction than Her.

    I do have to give them credit for WTF points.

    Welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete