Saturday, March 28, 2015

I got a Pagani today.



Today was one of those days where it might have been better if I never left the house. My city was hosting a half marathon, and even though they had signs all over they city saying you should expect delays - none any of those signs said anything about road closures. So it took me about a half an hour to get out of town.

It wasn't too long after that I realised it was going to be "one of those days" and decided to slow my roll and just accept this day would be rough in all sorts of annoying ways. Some days are just like that. However......

We made our way out to San Jose to the Santana Row car show where I melted down post imminently. The crowd was nothing like I'd ever seen before at this show. There were so many people the cars had a hard time getting out. People were complete assholes. You'd have a shot lined up and someone would come and stand right in front of you. I had to say something to a couple of guys and I don't normally do that. I normally impatiently wait them out. At car shows I kinda get a stick up by butt because sometimes the guys linger so long, I'm sure they are hoping I will take a shot with them with it. I refuse to do it honestly. One guy came and parked his babysuv right next to me then stood right in front of me.

It was around this time I realised Mr S. and I had gotten separated. Which shouldn't be that big of a deal since we had our phones, but this time he'd really taken off. So I was pissed. Mr S. have a pretty written in stone rule that we keep about 100 feet radius of each other. We can go look at different stuff if we want to, but we have to keep each other in the line of sight if at all possible. This was mostly Mr S.'s rule because we'd go to a store and I'd vanish "Taken" style. I figured we had our phones! But he didn't find that funny. Finally he got tired of hunting me down, and put his foot down. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to find each other, but I'm short so I can hide in a lot of places. Did I tell you I'd already started melting down?

Later Mr S and I were talking about the assholes and he told me they were even getting to him. He was standing somewhere looking at a car, and a guy taking photos who must have been bending down to get low shot backed "it" up right into my husbands crotch.

I was like - what did you say? I gave him the stink eye, and he was like - what are you up to dude?

The whole thing was just irritating. You thank the people who stop and don't get in your shots profusely, because the other people just grind you to the nubs. And it's always the same thing. They walk right in your shot. You give them the stink eye to which they mimic - what! Like they don't get what you are beefing about. Additionally it only takes two seconds to do a quick sweep behind you to see if you somehow have walked into someones shot or are backing your ass up into someone else's crotch. Just have some fucking awareness there are people around you.



The Pagani is at very the front of this line. I wound up using Mr S.'s shots for the photo above because he's tall and could get high shots over the crowd.



This is a La Ferrari.





That La Ferrari is in this crush. You can see a small speck of yellow on the left hand side.



I've been getting McLaren's a lot, but this one was parked in the back right by the trashcan.





Spyker C8.







R8.



BMW I8.





Some time back, Mr S started playing this game with himself while we are at car shows. He has a lot of time to wait around while I get all the shots I want. So I guess he found an extra way to amuse himself. It's called daughter or girlfriend? He sees all these old guys with much younger women and he tries to figure out if they are his girlfriend or daughter. I wasn't into the game very much at first, but I can see now how funny it can be. This turned out to be a daughter. But I waited for a few minutes to see if they showed any affection to each other to resolve he girlfriend or daughter game.

No comments:

Post a Comment