Thursday, July 10, 2014

Nothing says happy Independence Day like an MRAP vehicle for your city.



The "gifting" of military vehicles has been raising eyebrows just about everywhere. So, I thought I was above getting worked up about this. Until Redwood City of all places just turned up with one. They got it on July 1st. They displayed it at their 4th of July parade. No foolies.

Just so you know - Redwood City is where Oracle has their huge headquarters. Here is a picture of the skyline. It would be safe to say there are no bad areas of town in Redwood city. For shits sakes - the crime rate is listed as half of what the other cities in California have. I had to go to Google and search to see if there were even any murders there last year, because I don't think I've ever heard of one.

I guess one homeless guy was murdered there this year. The next murder seems to be in 2010. By comparison, San Jose has had roughly 19. This is the last known crime data there.

The city says "The vehicle could also be used during "high-risk search warrant operations, such as those involving firearms, violent gang members, narcotics cases involving firearms, explosives, etc.," Kirby wrote in an email Tuesday."

They just put the explosives in there for cover. Right? This is what the average home looks like in Redwood City. Most of them, this thing could run right over. It's 13 feet tall ya know. I've never heard of gang activity there. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but the city is mostly full of tech companies. Not exactly gang land central.

No comments:

Post a Comment