Friday, May 16, 2014

This is not Charlotte's web



I don't know why this amuses me. I guess I've just never seen a spider set up house in the middle of a large window. She's been there for a couple of weeks now.

The blog should return to more normal now. This will be the first weekend I haven't had to fix something in a long time. Houses take everything you've got and then some.

This time, none of the contractors got on my nerves. In the old days before the recession you couldn't find a contractor working after 3:30. We used to call it contractor thirty. Even I used to cut out then. Not now though. The world had thoroughly grown up. At least those who are willing to bust their ass. I had a dishwasher installer at the rental at 8:00 at night and he was there till almost 10. I was actually pretty surprised how many people worked me in at the craziest hours because a lot of last minute stuff popped up. My trip to the land of churches almost left me without enough time to get everything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment