Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Life will return to normal soon.

I'm on a deadline and it's all I can think about.  My new renters are actually pretty wealthy so I'm doing more stuff than I might have normally done to please them. And the house is fighting me the whole way. It's the weirdest thing actually. My rental is a nice starter family home. I bought it because of the school district, as this is always a selling positive. So..... it's wild to have someone who is richer than you are renting your place. I mean... way... richer. Not even in the same ballpark.

At any rate - this all ends this weekend. Which is good because I have a ton of conferences coming up this month. And Maker Faire is this weekend. Like I said - things will get less boring soon. If I don't die of exhaustion. And then... even that might be a little funny. Depending.

Also - the house that was up for sale on the same block as my rental went for 9 grand over asking. It sold in a week. Which is great because it is my new comp to get PMI off. Seems like I'm not the only one with this bright idea. This is why the banks are resisting so hard. I finally got though my document discovery where they couldn't find the appraisal when I refi'd. Because it didn't exist. The letter they sent me said they couldn't find the document - but I should have a copy. Stupidly helpful. They were trying to push it back off on me. When I finally flipped out and they relented to give me access to their appraisers. Only to find out they had to send me a letter where they told me how much I'd have to pay. This couldn't happen on the phone. I'm not even sure I can pay with a credit card because they kept saying I would have to send in a check. Like it's the 1970's or something.

Any little thing they can do to slow down the process is fun for them. It's ridiculous because I'm going to get it off, but I've had to use a ton of their resources just to get to this point. It just doesn't make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment