Thursday, November 07, 2013

Obamacare is hugely deflationary.

All of my deflationary indicators are flashing bright red. When gas started tumbling I started feeling nervous. We had a pretty big build. It wasn't a 2009 level build where it wasn't uncommon to have 8.9 million barrels. Still. While everyone is bitching about the website and the administration, I only hear the sounds of ice cracking.

All of this disruption isn't costless. And right before Christmas no less. I think Ocare is going to be a massive shock to the system. People are pretty private about their health care choices. This creates a massive unknown that people are unable to react to.

4 comments:

  1. A $50 fine is peanuts, PMBcare won't really start hurting for a few years. Df

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the fines. It's the higher deductibles and rates. That cuts now. Not to mention employer sponsored plans are going to be taxed at 40% in a couple of years. Yes. That's right. 40%

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuck. I hadn't heard about that 40% crap. Last year, my employer's share for the Magpies' healthcare was almost $18K. I shudder to think what it's going to be in a couple of years, especially since my monthly costs went up 24% last January, and are increasing by another 42% next year. This is getting more awful beyond my wildest nightmares. :(

    PM

    ReplyDelete