Monday, September 23, 2013

Owls. Secret terrorists.

I've had insomnia for many reasons. Insomnia by owl is new. How can those little bastards be so loud? My place is pretty sound proof. But this was loud enough I could hear it inside my house.

When I first heard him I thought this would be short lived. An hour and a half later he finally shut up. This was after my neighbors dog woke me up at 8 on a Sunday. I got up twice with the flashlight scanning the trees for this pterodactyl sized owl. I thought he was in my back tree. Then at least I could try to scare him away with my laser pointer.

I hope he decides he didn't like where he slept last night. Owls are one of those things my town is encouraging more of. We grow grapes in this here. Owl boxes are pretty much everywhere. Those boxes only fit tiny owls. Not 747 sized owls that keep you up in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment