Saturday, September 14, 2013

Homeless Depot.



It's such a distant memory now, I laugh when I think about it. San Fransisco used to have these programs to get people off the street. Now homelessness is such a pervasive problem - why bother? Still, when I was up in Emeryville today, even I was shocked to see a homeless encampment right at the side of a busy intersection. It was under a freeway, but in a time long long ago they tried to stay out of sight. Now they will pitch a tent practically anywhere. And anyway - if you have a tent, bike, cooler, and a bucket - are you really homeless? I know it's hard to make out in this picture. The sun wasn't working with me. A ton of homeless are decked out in this stuff now. You see them rolling around with roller luggage. And with California weather. Seriously. That's pretty swank, considering.



No comments:

Post a Comment