Saturday, July 27, 2013

The blog went off the rails.



Updated with video at the end.

The past couple of weeks the pay off I was getting was pretty low for all the effort I'd been putting in to find content. Blogging can be kind of a grind sometimes. So I had to take some time off. This happens a few times a year, and I never talk about it because I never know when I'll be back. Two days, or five. Sometimes I just don't have anything interesting to say. And really, the world isn't entertaining me right now which means I can't entertain you.

I wouldn't have even gotten this, but I wanted to get some funny graffiti in Berkeley. I've been to the Kite Festival a few years and the stuff is mostly the same. One year I almost lost my mind and vowed to never go back. Thankfully the city of Berkeley somehow grew smarter and provided shuttles this year. It's hosted right next to one of the busiest freeway interchanges in this area. You want to kill yourself trying to get out of there. But even though it's the same every year - you can't help but smile when you see these giant kites. Our shuttle was filled with kids and it was really a delight to hear them all react when we pulled up.

I didn't manage to get my graffiti shots because they were on a frontage road. And I only knew how to find them from the freeway which was jam packed in both directions. Probably people rubbernecking the kite fest.













Don't ask me! They had a petting zoo there, and I'd never seen a duck with a poof ball head. You know how this blog works. So you get a bunch of kites and a poofy duck. It's better than nothing.

1 comment:

  1. I think crested ducks are butt-ugly. Almost as bad as Polish chickens.

    That gecko kite is mesmerizing. I want one! :D

    PM

    ReplyDelete