Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pacific Coast Dream Machines 2013.



Normally I don't do duplicates. This motorcycle Zyborg 1, was on my blog a couple of years ago. It's still just that bad ass. Anyway...

I was obviously at this car show today. I will post more pictures later, but first I want to talk the show. I've been going for a hand full of years now. It's normally a really big show. So big that last year they split it into two days. This year - it was totally caved out. And I don't know why. It's not an expensive show to get into, but as soon as we pulled up I could see this year was very different. Since it's held at the Half Moon Bay airport - there naturally are a lot of planes. Last year they one of those freight helicopters but my shots didn't come out.

The planes were down by more than half. The rest of the show I'd guess was down by 75%. Really. It freaked me out so much I started chatting up people who I thought could tell me why. I tried the sheriffs department who manages security and traffic. Then the paramedics they have on standby. Half Moon Bay is a small town. Maybe people don't go to this every year - but this show contributes a lot to the economy. I figured the locals might know. Finally one guy said he'd heard a rumor there was trouble last year. But he didn't know exactly what. None of the locals seemed to know about this.

Now remember - Half Moon Bay is on the bankruptcy list. It hasn't gone yet - but... I don't know - this show is huge for this town. I'm just really surprised by the whole thing honestly. Especially with gas prices down so much. It isn't like this is a Ferrari and Aston Martin show. It's basically old cars and concept stuff. The other odd thing was, a lot of people blamed the lack of people on the weather. Which seemed odd. Sure maybe this could account for the attendees, but not for display cars or the planes. That you have to register for in advance.







No comments:

Post a Comment