Wednesday, January 09, 2013

I continue to love Cubify.



Obviously the 3D printing was one of the main reasons I was looking forward to CES this year. However, finding companies at CES will drive you to the edge of insanity. It's a little like the Great Race where they send people through in Indian bizarre to find the envelope. The booths are numbered and they do have "an app for that", which crashes all the time. And even if you could get it to not crash....the numbering scheme is insane. Just because you walk in the direction of a grouping of booths doesn't mean that number is actually in that area. And I've been to CES like six times now!

Anyway. The important thing about Cubify is they released a larger printer. Which prints in three colors. I thought this was a ceramic up. But it wasn't. It was printed.


I'm thinking they are only one color away from full printer status. If they can figure out how to blend colors.



Here you can see the difference in size for the old model vs. the new. The three color model is about 4 grand. And this is all the shots I have because I was about to miss my plane by the time I found their booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment