Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A funny thing happened today.

When I was at a trade show. I went to inquire about a product and the person asked who I was and what I did. Standard trade show stuff. They want to know if you are important or not. Which I am not. And I'm not even being sarcastic about it. I don't want to be.

Normally I steady myself for the "I'm a blogger" reply.

Now bloggers are really low on the important scale. Which I'm fine with. Having said that, you don't know which blogger is going to talk up your crap and catch it on fire. Probably not me. You've read this site. Right? Anyway.

All of a sudden the girl calls someone else and they are set to give me the tour. Which freaks me out. I've never had this happen before. And I don't want the whole tour. I'm just interested in this one thing. I don't want to have to pretend to like other stuff. I was just paralysed for a second. Usually you get the exact opposite reaction. It doesn't bother me. I'm ADD. I don't want to take a bunch of their time. And I don't want them to take a bunch of my time. It usually works out best for all. I think.

Luckily the whole thing turned out fine. It was an area I sort of knew about. So I didn't look like an idiot. But wow. I'm going to have to rethink my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment