Monday, August 06, 2012

In your space!

A couple of years ago I did a poll on the blog to see how many people thought we were going to live in space.

Most people's reactions were - no Sweetie. Don't get your hopes up. We aren't going to space any time soon.

So, last night as I was waiting for the Mars rover to land - I thought - when was the last time I took time out of my day to wait for NASA to do anything? It wasn't the landing. We've already been to Mars. It was the space crane! I firmly believe everything should be delivered via space crane from now on. And no - I don't care how much it costs to have Amazon deliver stuff to my door via space crane. 

I'm pretty conflicted about NASA. On one hand, when our nation is suffering they always manage to pull off  really effing fantastic stuff. NASA has always been an arm of the cheer leading squad of America. It makes us feel like we can still do great things. They lift our spirits when we think nothing else will.

On the other hand, they waste so much money, and there are a lot of quacks who work at NASA.

It seems to me, we really are going to space. But not for the reasons I thought. I figured we would go there to live and find habitable planets. Turns out, we are going there to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment