Friday, May 04, 2012

Who knew?



A couple of days ago I found myself at a conference for remote presence bots.

One of the things that surprised me is - Rubbermaid is in this sector now. I haven't checked the stock in a while because it is one of those languishy stocks.

I might have actually told you more about what Rubbermaid has to offer, but I got one shot off and I could see the salesman in the back immediately hone in on me.

You don't want me to take pictures I said. No, he replied. I have to talk to you, he went on.

I was sure this was going to be the first time I was going to be asked to remove a photo that I'd taken. He finished talking to the person he was having a conversation with, then told me I could go. I seriously thought I was being lightly detained. So - I'm free to go, I asked him. It was really weird because all the other exhibitors were very open and wanted the world at large to see what they had to offer.

After the Rubbermaid salesman figured out I was not a threat I asked if I could get a long shot of people using it. After convincing him I wasn't trying to steal his IP. It was the most bizarre thing.

Yet, I bet every single person reading this post didn't know Rubbermaid is in this sector. Which is why these companies should welcome bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment