Monday, May 14, 2012

Lately.

I feel like I need ever greater sources of fun stimulus to offset the constant stream of bad news. And when it doesn't happen I fall into a funk. It feels really dysfunctional, but I know why I do it. You almost can't go through daily life without noticing the really crappy ways the world has changed. Knowing full well that will only get worse.

Sure, you move on with your life. And I can be distracted for hours, but by the end of the day that feeling of dread creeps back. A constant feeling that the world could break at any moment.

I know the world is depressing, and every day I try to strike a balance between posting stuff that will distract my readers, and posting the stuff that is agitating me with the world. It just seems the world is kicking fun's ass by a large margin and winning.

2 comments:

  1. I got tired of looking at all the doom and gloom and feeling helpless about what I know will be inevitable. You and Mr. S should come down to Antioch this weekend for some pancakes and I'll give you more stimulation then you can handle. You just can't blog about it until our launch. I've never been more excited in my life. I honestly believe that we're going to resurrect an entire industry. I just wish that I wasn't having to work so hard to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Maybe getting out of my normal haunts will make me feel better.

    Besides - it's pancakes! I am a slave to pancakes.

    Just shoot me an email or txt.

    ReplyDelete