Wednesday, May 02, 2012

I show you the future.



Mobile Xray technology.

I didn't know this was a "thing" until yesterday, and now I am in love with it. Instead of having to go to a hospital to get Xrays - an Xray machine will come to you.

The machine from MinXray made me the most excited. It completely folds up. One person can transport it. And it will fit in your average Nissan Cube. It doesn't even need a van. Sadly, they don't have a youtube video up, or I would have taken video while I was there.

The sales guy said they are already using these in many applications like mines. Normally if someone gets hurt they have to fly them out and back. If it isn't a serious injury, it can be pretty expensive. Now they can tell if it is just a sprain right on the spot.



Canon makes a ruggedized version called RadPro to drop out of planes for the military.



And you might start seeing these cars around. They aren't transporting finished Xrays, they are making them right on the spot. No toxic chemicals. All digital.

What's not to love?



No comments:

Post a Comment