Thursday, September 22, 2011

How what happens in France matters in California.

I've been watching the silent bank run in France. Carefully watching to see if BNP Paribas was one of the banks affected. Why do I care?

Well, a few weeks ago I was watching TV when a Bank of the West commercial came on. At the very end in text it said " A PNB Paribas Company".

When the eff did France buy Bank of the West - I thought.

I might have not even noticed if I didn't have a slight affection for this bank. I've never done business with them, but as a kid my mom worked as a courier for them. In the old days, they had people to transport checks and other bank business from branch to branch.

Plus, even as a kid it was one of the few banks that still had those pneumatic tubes. Which is a piss poor reason to have an affection for a bank... but still - pneumatic tubes! I still love them to this day.

Bank of the West has been around forever. They apparently are also California's 5th largest bank. Who has also suddenly announced "significant job cuts".

No comments:

Post a Comment