Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm not crazy.

I came back from picking up papers today to find one of the random neighbors walking around in the middle of the street in front of my house. I only know about this guy because he is really eccentric. He used to walk around the neighborhood with a cat on his shoulder wearing funny hats. We named him cat in the hat guy. Picture here.

Since the recession he upgraded to a bike. Sans cat. Still wears the goofy hats.

He wouldn't even yield to let my car past him. When I finally got into my driveway I popped out and asked him if he was okay.

Him - Does it look like I'm not okay?

Me - Well, you are parked in the middle of the street.

So in my mind I think - yes....you are looking a bit bat shit crazy. He was wandering around looking at the ground. Completely dirty, and not responding to cars wanting to pass. I thought he'd gone all Martin Lawrence.

Him - I'm looking for this ball bearing that fell off my bike.

Which should have been the very first thing out of his mouth after I asked him if he was okay.

This is my tutorial for the day on how conversations could be shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment