Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's trying to beat me.

The past couple of weeks I've been working on my back yard. Which is not interesting. This is why I haven't been posting as much.

I took out 12 cubic yards of dirt. Twice what I expected. Surprising considering this isn't the first time I've had large earth moving machines at my place. I took out as least 12 cubic yards of gravel. I had people in to level most of the trees. Which were oppressive.

This post best describes the transformation of my house. It was dark and overgrown. The place was filled with dozens and dozens of rose bushes. I'm finally down to six.

I love roses. The bunnies love roses. But, they are kind of the muggers of the plant world. Right? They are great if you just want to look. If you get anywhere near them they will put a shank in you.

There was nothing delicate in this place. A 10 foot holly bush. Seriously. Who plants that?

So you can imagine. I didn't realise how big my back yard was. I mean all that crap had been ripped out a long time ago. But now that the yard is all level - it really looks like a mini park.

No comments:

Post a Comment