Saturday, May 01, 2010

It seems to me like it was just a big ol' commie rally.



Today I was down at the San Jose immigration rally. I want to start by saying that I think immigrants should come in legally. Having said that, living in California - illegal immigration is really just something we turn a blind eye to. Two years ago I'd say there was pretty much no one who didn't come into contact with an illegal on a daily basis. It was the worst kept secret on earth. It's just something you get used to, and don't think much about. It's always been this way since the time I was a kid.

So, the immigration issue is something I am actually really liberal on. I've said it before on my blog, they should just grant them work visas. Create a new category, and let them come in to work. Go home when they want.

Having said that - I came away from the whole rally pretty bitter. Really, really, bitter. Take the first picture for example. Xenophobe? Really? Two years ago, they were predicting Latinos would become the largest segment of the population in the US in 5 years. Everyone looks like you! There is an effing taco stand or truck on practically every corner. We are scared of them? Seriously.



The rally honestly was huge. I'd guess 20 thousand people. The biggest rally I've ever seen in the bay area. Which to my eye was dominated by unions for Obama, Che lovers.. and just plain communist groups.









What really irritated me the most was the mindset of the group. Is this really what they think most Californians think of them. Just because we don't want everyone hopping the fence? It's really a slap in the face.





The other thing that was odd was - how many people with census shirts there were. What is that all about?



No comments:

Post a Comment