Monday, February 15, 2010

It isn't glamorous, but it is a force for good in this world.



This is the only thing I found interesting at MacWorld. Oh yeah. I can see you looking at this picture thinking "what the eff!". That's all she's got for me?

Okay. I can see you don't fully understand its beauty yet. It's a dual power outlet with two USB ports. And why is it important? Power vampires.

Every device needs to have some special power vampire to charge them. Every single one of them need to have a different shape and size. It's the most irritating thing on the planet.

Instead of just being able to plug in two items, you need to hunt and peck through all your devices to see which ones will fit together on one outlet. Often you have these two giant vampires. Or they are oddly shaped. And, companies charge you for them. Irritating.

This scene is repeated all over my house.



If this weren't a light outlet, my phone vapire - which is the top one could be transfered to USB and I'd have use of one of the plugs.

So, I wound up ordering a couple of these things from Fastmac. We will see how they work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment