Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Still ruining the earth.

I haven't had one of these post in a really long time. Companies have been pretty good.

The thing is - I don't even give a shit about the earth. I care that these companies make profits and give people jobs. Which is why, when they send me non breakable items all fluffed up in bubble wrap - it sort of annoys me. What I really want is for them to just shove this shit in a padded envelope so we can all be happy. If you have to run over it with a car to break it - it doesn't need to be in a box. Okay?

This is how amazon.com sent me hedge trimmer line. I bet I could drop a brick on this stuff and it wouldn't break. Sending it in a reinforced envelope seems like a no brainer. And no - I couldn't buy it locally. The stores were out. What do you care anyway. I probably gave five people jobs to get this to my house.



This is the funnier one though. Camera sensor cleaner swabs. For the love of gawd I can't believe I spend 3-4 bucks a pop on these, and still have dust in my pictures. I often find myself chanting "must make clean. MUST MAKE CLEAN". The hazards of changing lenses all the time I guess.



These are super non breakable. The are practically q-tips for shits sake. Envelope please Adorama.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your feedback regarding 'over'packing' from Adorama.

    I've passed on your comments to our warehouse manager for his immediate attention.

    If you ever have a query or concern in the future regarding any order from Adorama Camera - or AdoramaPix - you are very welcome to contact me directly.

    Sincerely

    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

    helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
    www.adorama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit - I'm not used to companies reading my rantings. But, at least the worst I could say about you is that you pay too much for shipping. Thanks for being responsive though. It's a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete