Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Huh - I guess I'm going to go down this road.

Sometimes, you think these things only happen to other people. You google yourself and run across an old flame. Or say, you google your moms name and find out someone is looking for you. Like a half sibling.

It's quite the shock actually. I never thought I'd be here. Yeah, I knew my dad had other children. I just never thought they knew about me.

He was gone from the moment I was born. I didn't think there was anything to tell. And while I sometimes think about him - you don't miss what you don't know. I'd often talk to with friends who were tortured about their parents divorces when they were growing up. I always felt somewhat lucky because I didn't have those hurtful feelings. He just was never there, and I was an only child. It seemed normal.

So now.. one of his kids is looking for me. Part of me thinks nothing good can come of that. Yet, it is pretty interesting that he gave enough information for her to search for me.

2 comments: