Friday, April 24, 2009

Because they are delicious.

I have to admit, soon after reading the word flu a bunch of times - I became a super hypochondriac. Baby, I've been really tired the last couple of days, I said to Mr S. And now every time I read the word flu my stomach becomes queasy.

I wouldn't say I'm prone to this behaviour. Although there has been a time or two that thinking I had something was all that was needed to produce symptoms. After I found out I didn't have this or that - I'd laugh nervously that my body had actually managed to start convincing me otherwise.

Yet when I took a quick look at the wires tonight and read this from the AP:

"NEW YORK – New York City health officials say that about 75 students at a Queens high school have fallen ill with flu-like symptoms and testing is under way to rule out the strain of swine flu that has killed dozens in Mexico."

I thought - those numbers seem too large. Either we are all going to die or perhaps we are in for a little mass hysteria. I'm guessing the second. Even for a normal flu you don't hear those sorts of numbers of people falling ill in a small area. It is sort of interesting though.

I'm guessing the pigs are just getting back at us for Bacontini's.

No comments:

Post a Comment