Thursday, February 12, 2009

Haters.



This post is just filler till I have time to post my other stuff. . I've been busy all day.

A few days ago I was looking for places to take interesting shots. I'd wound up on the outskirts of town. They were going to build a Walmart out there. Walmart had cleared the land. Created streets and infrastructure. Lights, city beautification. The whole nine. But, apparently our town has a freaky Walmart constituency. And - at the last minute they managed to get the whole project shut down and canceled. After Walmart had put in a considerable amount of money to develope the land. Now the place is just streets that lead nowhere and parking lots.

So, I was out there trying to get nature shots when I ran across these three oak trees that they'd placed a fence around. Oddly the fence was made of fake plastic wood. But whatever. You can see the need for the fence. Someone might stumble across them and.... hell I don't know.

Mostly I see from the circular tire tracks - the kids are out there making doughnuts.

Not my greatest work, but I'd just gotten off the freeway and I had to pee. So I couldn't concentrate on getting a great shot with the sun rays cascading down through the clouds. Which is what I wanted. But, hey - at least you get something for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment