Monday, January 12, 2009

People are really.. really.. strange.



On Sunday Mr S. and I started our routine by grabbing some breakfast. It was a restaurant we go to - somewhat often. Since we'd gotten up crazy early to pack in all the days events, I'd taken my coffee with me.

We get to the restaurant, and I spot this sign. Mr S. says something about them not caring. After all - my coffee was in a blank white Styrofoam cup. I was done with my coffee anyway, but they didn't have a trash can out front. So I took it inside.

As soon as we were seated, up pops a guy with one of these Italia D'Oro cups wanting to swap out my plain white Styrofoam cup for the restaurant one. Which I might add, was not even branded for the restaurant. The place is called "The Original Pancake House". We also found it funny that he didn't just pour the coffee into one of the plain white ceramic cups they had right on the table.



I was so amused by the whole thing that when the server came to take our order I had to ask her "So... what is up with the rule of not bringing beverages in"?

She looked at me and laughed. "It's funny isn't it"? Then said something about the restaurant not wanting Starbucks cups in the place. Which I can totally accept. But, there was absolutely no branding on my cup, and if they'd had a trash can outside - I would have dumped it anyway. We wound up making a ton of jokes about the whole thing. But it just proves.. I don't understand why people do the things they do.

1 comment:

  1. That is pretty redick. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete