Thursday, January 29, 2009

Geeky stuff.

Back at my laser conference - there were a couple of things that caught my eye. As can be expected, with lasers come wafers. Which aren't that interesting. Unless you are in that business. Which I'm not. But, this wafer did catch my eye.



But, it was their secondary product that I found more interesting. LightSmyth Nanostamps. I guess they are going to sell this as jewelry. Though, their site makes them look less impressive than they did in real life.

I didn't get a great picture because this conference was strange in that - I didn't see anyone even taking cell phone shots. So, I was super self conscience about being conspicuous. I'd asked the guy if I could take a photo and he agreed. Once I whipped my camera out he seemed a little surprised. So I had to ask again if he was still okay with me taking photos.



The other thing I found interesting was an iRobot Packbot was there. I hadn't seen them anywhere in a while. But, they were at a booth for Photon Systems.



I'm still not completely sure what the application is suppose to be. I can only guess some type robotic vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment