Thursday, November 20, 2008

A solution in search of a problem. Part 3.

You may be asking yourself if there was anything at the show I did find interesting.

Yes. There were two things. A product from Velodyne Lidar Inc. I think Lidar is a promising arena, but I'm not sure how they will get it to stick to robotics. I mean.. I see the applications - but, I'm not sure if this will be the tipping point product.



The Lidar was tracking all the people in the convention.



A demo they were doing with possible applications for its use. And, the lidar system.



Underwater rovers normally might not have interested me - but they have become really advanced. This was just a component company. But, I recently starting thinking the field has promise. Wireless has advanced far enough that rovers can obtain large amounts of underwater data and send it to the surface. Long gone are the days of the giant rovers with humans piloting them.



Part 1 here and 2 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment