Saturday, September 20, 2008

This is not the world I know.

I don't know if I've ever seen such deep fear than what I see in people right now. I'm not sure I've had one conversation with anyone who doesn't express fear in some form. Even the Comcast guy who was at my house today made nervous jokes about the state of his 401k.

The last couple of days at the Snarkolepsy house have been filled with touching base with well.. almost everyone. Everyone is affected in one form or another. Family.. friends. From all walks of life. Tech to Unions. It's the craziest shit I've ever seen.

A couple of days ago I was in the store and decided to make small talk with the cashier - as no one was in the store. We chatted about how empty it was. Then she said "you know... I have a brother who I haven't talked to in a while. Maybe I should call him. Your gonna need family and friends right now".

I smiled and agreed.

I just found it an odd statement. That this crisis is what apparently is going to repair families. Maybe it will. But, I doubt it is as easy as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment