Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Yeah.

I'm pretty much on house arrest. Annoying, annoying house arrest. First of all, its nine trillion degrees outside. Is there any numbers above trillion? Because that is what it's suppose to get to for the next 24-36 hours. Oh, the smoke is also back. Makes me feel really happy my tax dollars are being spent on those clean air standards - which are... ah... fucked. Most probably for at least another month.

They are saying tomorrow they will declare a stage 2 power emergency. Which I totally believe. Briefly, we lost power yesterday. Which is why when I see all those news reports about all the shit they are going to plug in to save mother earth - I just get really annoyed. Of course you can plug in your car, but grandma down the street gets to die because we just had a brown out and its 110 degrees. Which seems really dramatic, but our neighborhood was without power for a couple of days in a heatwave two years ago. And we were lucky. So I'm a little jittery we're going to have to bug out to a hotel. Which sounds like a luxury, but is a real hassle. Jane has just settled down from surgery, and the last thing I want to do is relocate her.

Jane seems to be doing better today. I don't think she ate the whole time she was in the hospital. She was coned up the whole time. So - much time has been spent trying to get her system going. She decided that she wouldn't eat anything that wasn't handed to her. A little like a welfare bun. She's got another thing coming if she thinks she gets to die anytime in the next year. Eye surgery was spendy, and counting depreciation - I think she has to live for 2 year to feel like I'm getting my moneys worth.

She was also fairly traumatised by the cone. As soon as we got her out of the building - I took it off, she almost collapsed in relief. All that touching of her whiskers bugged her out. I think it probably bothered her more than them stealing her eye.

So... that's my surly post for today. I'd like to say I'm going to be in a better mood tomorrow, but I'm going out on a limb and saying I doubt it. We are suppose to get into "record setting territory". But, maybe I'll get some pictures of people collapsing or something.

3 comments:

  1. This is totally off topic, but I just saw this and thought of you. On the off chance you haven't seen this... an ode to roomba:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C2zGwwraEA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you are not going too stir crazy.

    Pictures of people collapsing would be kind of entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BV - you have no idea how memable I am. Once I couldn't sleep for a week because I had the theme song of Weeds running through my head.

    Very entertaining vid though. Thanks!

    MDG - I knew my readers loved that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete