Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cranky much?

Are you wondering why I'm always spun up and bitching? You are.. right? I knew it!

This is one reason why.

The caulking on some of my marble is cracking at the Canton house. You know.. between the slab and the splash guard against the walls. It isn't a big deal at all. With new construction... it is a pretty normal thing for things to settle. No biggie.

So, I call the granite people up to ask if I can pick up some caulking that matches the color of the slab. I didn't want to have to wait around, and my credit card is on file. I figure, in a perfect world they would just have it waiting for me.

They tell me "no - we'll come out and fix it". I assure them, it isn't a big deal I'm happy to fix it. For a 5 minute job it's hardly worth them coming out. No, they insist. We'll be out to fix it.

At this point, I'm feeling pretty happy about them. It really isn't a big deal, but if they want to come out - they will score some major points. They were suppose to be out at 10 this morning. I get a call at 11 saying they are running two hours late. Still - not a big deal at this point. I'm there with tweeker girl doing some finish work anyway. Finally at 3:00 I have to call them and ask if they are coming at all.

"Wow, we totally got hung up today" they say. "Can we be out at 7:30 in the morning"?

Well.. here is another thing you must know about me. There is no gear turning in my brain until 10:00. Everyone I know understands not to call before 10. So.. 7:30 is sort of a problem. But, I book them anyway hoping my real estate friend isn't going to work early in the morning. Remember she lives across the street.

Then they call at a quarter to 5 to say the granite guy is at the house. So I have to rush over and let him in. I am glad they got it done today. I just would have prefered it with much less hassle. I mean.. They could have just let me pick some caulking up, and everyone would have been happy. I'm sure the guy who had to work late today would have been happier too.

No comments:

Post a Comment