Saturday, March 29, 2008

Exercise the demons.

I've been resisting posting pictures of the crapshack. I'm trying to hold for the final reveal. But, I might not be able to do it. You see - we've been putting in new bamboo floors.

I didn't really want to use bamboo in the crapshack because we'd already used it in our house a few years ago. At the time - it was an "unusual" product. Before it became the popular "green" trendy product it is now. I normally start to dislike things when they become too trendy. Plus, I just like to do different stuff all the time. Doing the same thing bores me. But, since I was pretty much tapped out - I relented to using it. It was a known product. Meaning - we knew what to expect when installing it. When you're constantly running into things you didn't expect, its nice to know what your dealing with.

Anyway, we've finally gotten almost a room installed, and it took my breath away. It made the place so bright. Shockingly so. I really didn't expect it.

The funny thing is - I almost didn't buy that house because it was so dark. I dislike dark houses. I also think dark houses are harder to sell. I figured we'd be able to make the crapshack brighter. But nowhere near the extent it looks right now.

Just to give you an idea of how dark the house was. When I had the roof replaced - I wanted my roofer to install those tube skylights to provide more light into the house. He wasn't able to do it because of some duct work. And now I'm glad - because I think that would have made the place look too bright.

1 comment:

  1. My mom has one of those tube skylights in her new house. She's very proud of the fact that she rarely needs to use the light in her bathroom.

    ReplyDelete