Friday, December 07, 2007

What?!

I have a really bad habit of ending conversations by exclaiming "what"?

Which, recently has started driving Mr S. batshitty. He won't say it that way. But I know its true, because he has started mimicking me.

Example:

Me - I went to the store and this person was driving me crazy, and I just wanted to beat them. What?

Mr S. - What?

So, last night Mr S. and I had to have a discussion. Because admittedly, his mimicking me was driving me crazy. Yeah.. I hear you guys! What?

It went a little something like this:

Me- Babe.. why is this all of a sudden bothering you so much.

Mr S. - because you do it all the time.

Me - I know I do.. but a lot of people have ticks. Some people say "like" a lot. I say "what".

Mr S. - Well I don't know what to say to you. It sounds like you are constantly challenging me.

Me - I'm not challenging you. I'm prompting you. Like - "what do you think"?

Mr S. - Well, you don't say it that way. You say it in a "what the fuck are you looking at way".

Me - Babe,I don't mean it that way.

(I hold up my right hand making it look like a sock puppet. So I can have a pretend example of our conversations)

Look, this is what happens.

Sock puppet hand is saying "wha, wha, wha, wha, wha". Then looks to my left hand which is laid flat. Left hand makes the sound of chirping crickets.

Me - So I have to say "what". Because I don't know what you are thinking.

This of course made him crack up.

At any rate.. I'm going to try to be a little less annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment