Monday, August 06, 2007

It changes from day to day.

I find my emotions bouncing around quite a bit from day to day. Fear will come later. But going about my daily activities I find so many things to become excited about.

For instance last night, I felt most excited about having better posture. Not that I have a big ol' hump on my back or anything. Just the simple act of pulling my shoulders back, and walking around in public without stares. The thought just made me really happy.

Today however, I'm excited about medically induced sleep. I know it sounds like a really stupid thing to be excited about. After getting about 2-3 hours of sleep last night - I'm really looking forward to medically induced sleep.

I have my normal baseline insomnia. Then there are days of super craptacular insomnia. The kind where you finally get to sleep only to be woken up at 6am by the smoke alarm bitching about the battery being low. That's where I was at today.

The kind of sleep deprivation that you aren't completely sure you should be driving. The whole world seems like a blur around you.

Thankfully the universe took pity on me today and let me get all my stuff done without other people getting in my way.

While I'm all strung out in medically induced sleep-land, Mr S. however, is excited about being able to watch the most unwatchable TV on earth. Yeah, yeah.. he's taking care of me and all. But listen - he also gets to watch hours and hours of crap without hearing the words "what the hell is that"? What's not to be excited about?

Oh my goodness people. Mr S. just told me he is going to watch the new Flash Gordon series on scifi. I might take a few extra pills to make sure I sleep through that.

Another quirky thing you must know about me is I won't watch anything before the year 2000. I know.. super lame. But thankfully Mr S. will watch any ol' crappy thing, so our marriage has worked. I don't know what I would do if he was actually picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment