Friday, April 20, 2007

Simple Things.

Oh my goodness readers! I actually went to see the indie movie Simple Things - and I can't tell you enough how happy I am. Initially we weren't sure if we were going to just show up to take pictures, or actually stay for the movie. Their web-site really made the difference for us. I'm glad we stayed -- it was really good.

The cast and directors were so kind. Michelle - I can't thank you enough for letting me take photos!

I was completely thrilled to get a shot of Joshua Leonard. I could tell having his picture taken wasn't so much his thing. He seemed kind of shy, hanging back from the rest of the cast photos, and I'm very grateful he posed.


Click to enlarge.

Cast of Simple Things.


Click to Enlarge.

Left-to-right: Cameron Bancroft, Edie McClurg, Mickey Jones, Bellamy Young, Andrew C. Erin.

More cast pictures.


Click to enlarge.

Producer Tosca Musk.


Click to enlarge.

Mickey Jones, Tosca Musk, and Big Mike Griffin.

Click to enlarge.

Mickey Jones, and Sam Hennings.


Gratuitous use of full spectrum mode. No flash. I'm sure a few of the cast were looking at me thinking "she knows she can't get that shot without a flash - right"? I could have benefited from some image stabilization.


Click to enlarge.

Director Rowdy Sovall. Director Mexican Sunrise.



I wish I would have gotten to see this film, but they weren't running anymore showings. This was a picture of Rowdy - his wife and new baby.


Click to enlarge.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm just happy I didn't have any "performance" issues. The cast didn't have to wait for me to get my shit together.

    Because really - most of the live subjects I get are either getting in my way and annoying me - or loitering because they think I work for some publication. Read - no pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to you and (Mr. Snarkolepsy) for coming out and joining us for the screening and allowing me to foist everyone under your nose for photographs - and (Mr. Snarkolepsy) being so patient...

    We were thrilled you were there and even more so that you enjoyed the film!

    Looking forward to staying in touch and dragging you both out to more events!

    My very best,

    Michelle Czernin von Chudenitz
    PPMG
    www.ppmg.info

    ReplyDelete