Thursday, April 05, 2007

Alienware does something that makes me happy.

Hey... it can happen.

First - I would like to point out that I am not someone cares much about getting something for nothing. As a consumer I am very conscience of how much things cost companies. If something breaks - I am very happy if a company makes me whole.

So - when it was determined that my graphics board was half dead,(here) I expected to get a very similar board. A GeForce 7900 series. The tech rep did say the board would be smaller, which would help with air flow. These things can run pretty hot.

We installed the new board, and it wasn't being recognized. So my husband went to look at the packing slip and realized they had sent us a GeForce 8800. The fastest board on the market.



We installed the new drivers - and now I am happily using both of my monitors. Upgrading my board was way more than I expected or hoped for.

As someone who has had a less than stellar experience with Alienware, I really have to give them credit.

Now if I can just figure out why my computer crashes when going into power saving mode - I'd be in bliss. This is a new problem since installing the board.

My customer support nerve is still a bit raw - so I'm going to give it a day or so before I tackle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment